Firstly, clean the leather thoroughly before refreshing the colour or applying care products. Use COLOURLOCK Mild Leather Cleaner against normal degrees of soiling or COLOURLOCK Strong Leather Cleaner in extreme cases (where the leather has been neglected for many years, for example classic cars languishing in garages and barns). Cleaning prior to the treatment prevents dirt sticking to the leather’s surface when applying colour or care products. Our COLOURLOCK Leather Cleaning Brush effectively removes ingrained dirt.
For surface care, we recommend our COLOURLOCK Leather Protector. It contains antioxidants, which stops the leather’s decay, and its UV filters protect the leather surface from colour fading and will make the leather soft and supple once more.
The kit is usually sufficient to treat a complete car interior or set of furniture multiple times. The Cleaner should only be used on soiled areas, while the Protector should be applied to all surfaces. In the event of extreme soiling, a larger amount of Cleaner might be necessary, but this is very rare.
Always test any products first on a hidden area in case they affect the colour!
COLOURLOCK Leather Cleaner
The Leather Cleaner gently cleans all kinds of smooth leather. Apply Cleaner to the Cleaning Sponge and press some foam out of it. Clean the leather and remove dirty foam with a slightly moistened cloth.
COLOURLOCK Leather Protector
Use COLOURLOCK Leather Protector as soon as the leather has dried after cleaning or colour refreshment, ideally on the following day. Apply with a soft cloth and let dry without polishing. One application is sufficient. Strained surfaces (heavy use or in sunlit areas) should be treated every three months. Clean first to avoid dirt or stains.
These products are also suitable for “Cool Leather/SRT (SunReflective Technology) Leather”!
Features & Benefits:
- Leather cleaner foams, rather than wetting the leather – prevents leather hardening
- Cost effective – foaming formulation means less product is required
- Contains antioxidants to prevent leather decay
- UV inhibitors help prevent colour fade
- Provides a matte finish
- Suitable for Cool Leather/SRT (SunReflective Technology) Leather
Directions for use:
- Always test a small, inconspicuous patch to check for colour fastness
- Apply Leather Cleaner foam to the Cleaning Sponge
- Rub sponge over area in need of cleaning
- Remove excess with a clean, slightly moist microfibre
- Allow leather to dry
- Leather Protector may be applied immediately leather is dry, however for best results apply after 24 hours
- Apply Leather Protector to a soft, dry cloth
- Rub over the area to be protected
- Allow leather to dry without buffing the treated area